Services Offered to Insurers by PsyBar
- File reviews—behavioral health and physical medicine reviews, written by the appropriate medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist or in in the case of co-morbid claims a combination of the two. PsyBar can provide these both for claimants with psychiatric/ psychological, or medical conditions only, or for “co-morbid” cases involving both behavioral health and medical problems.
- Independent psychiatric, psychological or neuropsychological evaluations—performed by a doctoral level psychologist, neuropsychologist, psychiatrist, or medical doctor.
- Neuropsychological Screening—determines whether there is evidence of cognitive problems in the insured. This can provide a diagnosis, description of cognitive deficits, treatment recommendations, and a discussion of claimant limitations and restrictions.
- Psychological or Psychiatric Evaluation for Short Term Disability claimants—a brief assessment designed to determine a claimant’s diagnosis, prognosis, and suggestions for how treatment might better facilitate return to work.
- On-Site/Remote Nurse Coaching—Registered Nurse Case Managers assist either on site or telephonically with specialized coaching designed to upskill your claims staff. Training is designed to facilitate effective communication between stakeholders, analyzing and reviewing clients’ needs and identifying appropriate training needs of your staff.