Services Offered to Insurers by PsyBar
- File reviews—written by a psychologist, psychiatrist or physicians in other specialties for co-morbid claims. PsyBar can provide these both for claimants with psychiatric/ psychological problems only, and for “co-morbid” cases involving medical problems.
- Independent psychiatric, psychological or neuropsychological evaluations—performed by a doctoral level psychologist, neuropsychologist, or a psychiatrist.
- Neuropsychological Screening—determines whether there is evidence of cognitive problems in the insured. This can provide a diagnosis, description of cognitive deficits, treatment recommendations, and a discussion of claimant limitations and restrictions.
- Psychological or Psychiatric Evaluation for Short Term Disability claimants—a brief assessment designed to determine a claimant’s diagnosis, prognosis, and suggestions for how treatment might better facilitate return to work.
- On-Site/Remote Nurse Coaching—Registered Nurse Case Managers assist either on site or telephonically with specialized coaching designed to upskill your claims staff. Training is designed to facilitate effective communication between stakeholders, analyzing and reviewing clients’ needs and identifying appropriate training needs of your staff.
The benefits that insurers receive by working with PsyBar
Disability and workers’ compensation insurers rely on PsyBar for clear, consistent and scientifically-based assessments of an employee’s mental condition — evaluations that provide the information insurers need to make confident, defensible decisions.
PsyBar’s benefits to insurers include:
- Fairly analyzing claims, so insurers can make the right decisions for all involved.
- Assess claimant functionality, considering mental status, psychiatric illness or cognitive problems, work-related stressors and potential for violence.
- Improve case management/return to work processes
- On-site education of insurance staff.
- Increasing workplace safety
PsyBar works closely with insurance company executives, including:
- Medical or risk directors
- VP of claims
- Disability case manager
- In-house medical officer
To schedule an appointment, insurers may call: 952-285-9000