PsyBar’s Service for Employers:
- Fitness For Duty/Return To Work Evaluations, helping employers avoid potential crises and de-escalating threatening situations involving employees.
- File Reviews –objective reports written by PsyBar’s psychologists, based upon contacts with treating healthcare professionals and sources such as a spouse, work supervisor and review of independent psychological test data.
- Independent Medical Exams – full psychiatric, psychological or neuropsychological evaluations conducted on an employee by one of PsyBar’s doctors.
- Disability Exams – short–term disability peer review performed by PsyBar’s board-certified psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Violence Risk Assessments – helping employers to avoid potential crises.
How Does PsyBar Help Reduce Risk for Employers?
- PsyBar’s standardized protocols exceed best practice standards
- PsyBar recommends its doctors provide objective psychological testing to stand up in court
- Customized procedures to protect the civil rights of employees/claimants whose primary language is not English
- PsyBar’s providers conduct collateral interviews that demonstrate good faith effort to obtain all information
- Quality review measures unique to PsyBar
- Experience in navigating EEOC and ADA guidelines while evaluating employees
- Close monitoring of our 1,800 doctor network to save employers from having to perform credential checks on physicians performing assessments
Situations That Might Trigger An Employer’s Call For A PsyBar Fitness For Duty Evaluation:
- Need to assess threat/likelihood of harm to management, co-workers or customers
- An employee’s substance abuse, inebriation
- Depression, suicide attempts or threats
- Safety concerns relating to bullying, stalking
- Conflicts with co-workers
- Recovering from traumatic incident in or out of the workplace
- A sudden and unexpected decline in job performance
- Changes in mood or bizarre behavior on-the-job that suggest mental illness.
- Problematic side effects of prescription drugs
- Problems safely using equipment at work
- Reports by co-workers that employee is making serious errors
- Inappropriate outbursts and cognitive problems
PsyBar and Your Company: A Partnership To Ensure Clarity and Certainty:
PsyBar is expert at collaborating with your company’s internal staff, including your:
- Human resources directors
- Corporate security and intelligence
- Employee assistance and benefits
- Safety and occupational health executives
- Absence and disability management
- Risk management and risk analysis personnel
- Medical directors
- In-house counsel/attorneys