Services for Employers
PsyBar STEP Management program
First, you collect information and evaluate the facts.
First, you collect information and evaluate the facts. You must determine what is needed for management and resolution. But complex psychological problems can prevent this from happening, costing time and money. With difficult psychiatric matters, our experts can help you clear the path. These are not just any experts. They have an extraordinarily high level of sophistication in psychiatry and psychology, and work with local doctors and treatment providers. As collaborative partners with the insurer, employer, individual, and treatment team, we will help you to objectively assess functional capacity and manage return-to-work needs.
STEP Management (Support and Treatment for Effective Psychological Management) Highlights:
- A program model shown to substantially reduce disability duration and accelerate return-to-work.
- Regionally-based psychiatric case management professionals throughout the US specializing in psychology, psychiatry and vocational rehabilitation.
- Access to PsyBar's proprietary network, established in 1995, of 1600 seasoned psychologists and psychiatrists throughout the United States. Using their knowledge of treatment practices and local resources, they assist STEP case managers in identifying treatment and rehabilitation needs, moving from recommendations to results. In many cases they are available to provide direct psychiatric/psychological treatment.
Intervention: We can provide:
- Telephonic and onsite case management assessment and services
- Peer to peer telephone calls with treatment providers, employment personnel, HR staff and others
- File reviews to establish initial liability, disability duration, and IME recommendations
- Return-to-work planning
Assessment: Refer to us when you need to know:
- The cause and duration of psychological impairment
- Whether the impairment prohibits competitive work
- Appropriate treatment goals
- Symptom validity
- Reasonable accommodations
- The interaction between physical injury and psychological problems
(e.g. with severe burns, industrial accidents, multiple fractures)
- Diagnoses such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, substance abuse
- The extent of cognitive problems resulting from brain injury and medical illnesses
- Issues surrounding subjective medical conditions
(e.g. fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, chronic pain)
Help is one STEP away. Using our simplified referral process, PsyBar is available by telephone, fax, or website.
- Phone: 952-285-9000
- Fax: 952-848-1798